Sunshine Phoenix can help you develop and implement the programs necessary to gain distribution and increase incremental sales in the Northern California region.
We know the trade and we’re adept at doing creative and conceptual selling.
Your success depends on communications with your broker. We act promptly and efficiently in implementing your policies. You know how to sell your product — we know how to sell our market. Teamwork and open communication are vital. We work for one purpose — SERVICE… and long term growth is our goal.
BASIC APPROACH TO NEW LINES
We will either get the results we both want, or we will know specifically why we didn’t. Overcoming an objection is usually possible if we know what that objection is! Together we will get the results we need to be successful.
- Determine Current Distribution of customer’s products and competition
SOLIDIFY CURRENT DISTRIBUTION
- Analyze distributor movement
- Determine retail action goals
SET IMMEDIATE and LONG TERM OBJECTIVES
- Distribution objectives by account
- Ad/demo objectives by account
- Set priorities
PREPARE PRESENTATIONS FOR ALL KEY ACCOUNTS
- Benefits (stores don’t buy features, they buy benefits!)
- What will your brand give the store to get your products on the shelves? What will your brand do to pull them off the shelves (ads, demos, deals, IRC coupons, social media, etc.) once the retailer agrees to bring them in!
- Initial presentation to all key accounts within 45 days to 60 days depending on Category Review schedules
REVIEW and ANALYZE
- What worked… Why?
- What didn’t work… Why?
- Make suggestions per account
- Maintain communications continually with all involved
- Develop a sales strategy to use with each account
- Develop an intro program to best utilize available funds
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
ACHIEVE ALL SALES and MERCHANDISING OBJECTIVES MANAGEMENT BY OBJECTIVE BY ACCOUNT
ANALYZE CURRENT RETAIL POSITIONS/PRICING TO MAXIMIZE SALES
- Be involved in store sets
- Make sure all authorized products are properly merchandised
UTILIZE MARKETING FUNDS TO ACHIEVE THE BEST RETURN FOR THE SPEND
EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE TO PRINCIPAL ALL ACTIVITIES AND OPPORTUNITIES
- FOLLOW-UP …FOLLOW-UP!
NEW STORE OPENING POLICY
This part of the job is important…
YOU DO NOT GET A SECOND CHANCE TO MAKE A FIRST IMPRESSION!
- Establish best possible initial shelf presence
- Build brand identity
- Build retailer support and confidence
- Recommended discount 25% to 50% depending on size of store
- Broker will work with retailer to achieve optimum shelf placement
- Principal MUST supply prioritized list of products for the set
- We suggest that samples of key products be sent from the principal directly to the retailer with a letter of congratulations
- We can set up demonstration and ad support based on a predetermined purchase amount
CASE STACK/TPR PROGRAM
- Increases volume at key accounts
- Targets spending with required performance
- Ties up display space from competitors
- Drives trial and/or incremental sales to consumers
- Case stack to have prominent location
- Tie discount to minimum number of cases
- Report monthly on all orders with MCBs (manufacturer chargebacks)
- Principal’s Point of Sale materials will be utilized wherever possible
- Advertising support
- IRC Coupons